Today I went with Gil, a friend of mine, to install the original guages back in the car. It took us a while to put everything back together, having the lights work and the microcontroller moving the needles. It turns out that most of the light bulbs got burned while we played with them. Also, it took us a while to figure out that our power adaptor did not have enough juice, so we hooked up a computer power supply and used the 12V to get more amperage.
We then put it back in the car...
Gil admiring his work at 2am..
(Sorry about the low quality of the pictures today, but I did not have my digital camera and had to settle for my cellphone)